Weston Williamson + Partners is looking for a Bid Manager to lead on a variety of bidding and business development opportunities across the UK business. This is a great role to join the practice as we enter an exciting new phase in our growth. You will contribute to all aspects of the practice bidding and business development workstreams.
The Bid Manager will report to the Global Business Development and Marketing Lead, and will sit within the UK business, working closely with the senior leadership team to deliver high quality bids across all sectors – transportation, masterplanning and residential and mixed-use, and both studios Manchester and London.
- Identifying bid opportunities and facilitating bid go/no go meetings.
- Management and production of PQQs, ITTS, RFPs from inception to completion, coordinating input from internal and external parties and setting the programme to ensure bid deadlines are met.
- Management, coordination, and production of multi-disciplinary bids.
- Writing of tender information, including working with subject matter experts to create strong written content.
- Maintaining and updating internal forecasting systems and trackers.
- Collating/analysing bid feedback to improve success rate.
- Management of BD library ensuring it is up to date.
- Liaise with BD teams in Canada and Australia to ensure sharing of lessons learnt and material.
- Liaise with graphics and marketing team to ensure consistency of bid and communication of wins.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in bidding management or coordination.
- Experience of working with senior professionals at board level or equivalent.
- High standard of verbal and written English, able to confidently manipulate texts for a range of audiences.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple bids at one time.
- Highly organised and with a strong sense of time management.
- Understanding of public procurement.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Abode InDesign knowledge.
- Experience of working for an architectural practice, or in a design led environment
- Association of Proposal Management Professional Foundation level