We are looking for talented, ambitious and committed urban designers to join our expanding Urban Design team in Toronto. Working on a range of local and international projects ranging from mixed-use masterplans, transit station integration, and small-scale urban design projects through to Transit Oriented Developments (TOD) for a range of public and private sector clients.
The ideal applicant will be graphically skilled, be able to easily represent design concepts in a clear narrative and to develop ideas from sketch form though to detailed design. Experience writing Urban Design Briefs is required as well as an understanding of the various policies and guidelines within Ontario and its municipalities.
Positions are available for the right candidates with opportunities for growth in an expanding practice with the following credentials:
· A degree in architecture or urban design with a minimum of 2 years urban design experience working on large scale masterplans to small scale urban design/place-making projects;
· Strong conceptual, graphic, and design knowledge;
· Proficient in report writing and publications;
· Exceptional communications skills and highly organised;
· Proficient with the use of Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCad, Revit, and hand-sketching;
· Knowledge with the use of Microstation is an asset, but not required;
· You will be self-motivated, with an eye for detail and the ability to deliver within tough timescales;
· Working knowledge of 3D software Rhino is an asset;
· Ability to conceptualize design in both 2D and 3D-environments;
· Comfortable sharing praise while also being open to receiving constructive feedback.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and the ability to work well in a team;
· Report writing and graphical output;
· Client interface and workshop facilitating;
· Coordination with project leads & global studios;
· Support the development of our masterplanning and urban design sector;
16th March onwards
Located in our design studio in Toronto and periodic visits to off-site offices you will enjoy the benefits of working in a highly creative and free thinking team.