By signing this compact we commit to supporting the recovery and reconstruction of Ukraine by looking for opportunities, when the time is right, to engage in trade and investment, peer-to-peer expertise sharing, pro bono work and business activities including but not limited to:
1. Investing in business opportunities in Ukraine, participating where possible in reconstruction through direct financial contributions or investments into Ukrainian operations, and/or
2. Working with Ukraine-based companies, including to harness the country’s existing and future potential via trade, expertise sharing and partnerships, and/or
3. Supporting Ukraine-wide development and economic growth, where possible and in line with business objectives.
We will adhere to 4 core principles in supporting long-term sustainable economic recovery and reconstruction of Ukraine:
● Investing and behaving sustainably, accelerating green transition and inclusive growth in accordance with international corporate practice.
● Acting responsibly and reinforcing responsible business practices, aligned with international standards, including adherence to applicable legislation, support and respect of human rights, equitable and inclusive practices, and prevention of corruption.
● Implementing best practice corporate governance and working to identify areas where compact signatories and Ukrainian businesses can share capabilities and promote best practice governance in a mutually beneficial way.
● Respecting all applicable sanctions, legislation and regulations.